Companies that are dedicated to the production or distribution of perishable goods must manage the expiration of their products in a comprehensive manner. To do this, there are management tools that facilitate and improve the accuracy of this task. With an expiry date management software, you can know the expiry date of all your products and minimise losses as much as possible.
Depending on the characteristics of your business and your field of activity, you will need a program that offers certain benefits. At SoftDoit we are aware that finding a solution that fits your requirements can take a lot of time. Therefore, we offer you a free and impartial comparison in which we show you the expiry date management software that best suits your company. Do you want to know how to get your custom software ranking? Keep on reading!
What is expiry date management software?
The expiry date indicates the specific date by which to consume a product in an optimal, safe and healthy manner. Lot management software is an essential tool to ensure control of the expiry dates of the products in your warehouse. This program allows you to know at all times the expiration date of the lots and to guarantee the quality of the products. With this type of system, you will be able to manage inventory more efficiently and minimise waste.
Main features of an expiry date management software
SGA expiration date management software provides real-time information about the status of your warehouse's products and their expiration date. In this way, you will have all the necessary data to facilitate decision making in your business. A lot management program has the following highlighted features:
- Manage the entry and exit of products from the warehouses.
- Review the expiry date of products from the moment of entry into the warehouse.
- Consult the date of production, the place of origin and the expiration date of goods.
- Obtain indicators to verify that the merchandise meets the established quality standards.
- Apply the FEFO technique (First Expires, First Out) / FIFO (First In, First Out) so that the products with the soonest expiry date leave the warehouse first.
- Organize goods in the warehouse facilities based on their expiry date and know their location at all times.
- Receive notifications every time the merchandise is about to expire.
Why use an expiry date management software?
One of the biggest responsibilities of companies is to correctly calculate and monitor the expiry date of the products they supply. The reasons why you should implement software to manage the expiry dates of the lots are endless, but below we highlight the most important:
- Guarantee the highest quality of goods and increase the satisfaction of your customers.
- Manage the expiry date of the products in a simple and precise way.
- Ensure that the merchandise complies with current safety regulations.
- Avoid launching products on the market that are outdated or of low quality.
- Distribute the merchandise with the closest expiry date first in order to minimise waste.
- Manage warehouse stock more efficiently to save costs.
- Reduce the volume of returns and unmet demand.
The importance of the FEFO / FIFO technique in warehouse management
Managing the expiration of the products in the correct way has a positive influence on the brand image of the company. Therefore, it is essential to use the appropriate strategies and tools to simplify the processes related to the expiry date of the merchandise. The FEFO technique (First Expires, First Out) / FIFO (First In, First Out) consists of having the products with the closest expiration date, as well as those that have been the longest in the warehouse, the first to be dispatched. This method allows to you comply with quality regulations and the requirements demanded by the sector. Other advantages of applying this technique in warehouse management are:
- Reduce maintenance and inventory costs
- Make the most of the storage space capacity
- Improve supply chain workflows
Get your comparison with the best lot control software
Now that you know the main utilities and the advantages of having software to manage the shelf life of products, you just need to find the right one for your company.
If you want to get your personalised ranking with the best expiry date management software for your business, answer the questionnaire on this page. The SoftDoit comparison will analyse over 400 programs and select those that fit with your company.
Don’t waste more time, it may be that some of the goods in your warehouse are about to expire and you haven’t noticed yet. Fill in the 100% free and neutral form now and find expiry date management software for your company!